Skip to content
- FIFA Regulatory Changes : The regulatory changes proposed at the FIFA Football Law Annual Review 2018 held in Zurich.
- The “Pyramid System” : What is the Pyramid System of sports governance and how does it work in football?
- VAR: Friend or Foe? : 99.3% certainty? Is this a good thing for football? Can we trust VAR? Does it have a future in the beautiful game?
- No Profit? Here’s PROFUT! : Brazil are crazy about football, would any other country go to these extreme lengths to support their clubs?
- Super League : What is the Super League and why you should be scared of it. Clubs are putting financial interests above the fans.
- Football Paradoxes I : Ever wondered why the most populous countries in the world aren’t the best at football?
- Football Paradoxes II : Is there a formula to winning the World Cup? Can China realistically accomplish this before 2050?
- Justice for the 96 : An analysis of the Hillsborough Disaster. What were the facts? What were the repercussions?
- TPO & TPI: Hate the player and the game : Have FIFA’s stringent TPO & TPI regulations (18bis and 18ter) limited players’ rights?
- Intermediaries & Minors : Intermediaries aren’t allowed to be paid for representing minors but is this right?
- The Cost of Happiness : How much does being a fan cost? A detailed analysis of the Champions League final.
- The Europeanisation of South American Football : New regulations are promoting, is this putting safety over the fans?
- Contractual Hazard: Medical Examinations : Can an employment contract be conditional on a successful medical examination?
- Minors in Football : What are the rules surrounding minors in football and do they discriminate in favour of Europeans?
- FIFA 2019 World Cup : A look at the backdrop for the World Cup focusing on the new financial regulations and prize money.
- FIFA’s New Agents’ Regulations : How has FIFA approached agents over the last few years; the journey from agent to intermediary.
- Man City v UEFA: Is their CAS Appeal admissible? : Can Man City appeal the decision of the IC of the UEFA CCFCB to refer their pending case to the AC.
- The Endless War Against Agents: A Cap on Commission? : A proposed cap on commission would only target the 1% and create an oligopoly in the market.
- Image Rights : What are image rights and how do they work for footballers? How does the law treat them?
- Football in Ecuador : In 2019 Ecuadorian football will begin a new chapter by having their own Professional Football League (EPFL).
- 50+1 Rule: The Bundesliga : Explaining the structure of ownership for german clubs and why they are the golden standard of football ethics.
- Major League Soccer’ Single Entity Structure : Did you know that all clubs and players in the MLS are owned by the league?
- The MLS’ Growth and Role in World Football : Can the MLS ever compete with the ‘top five’ leagues?
- Monetary claims before FIFA: Are they worth it? : Taking monetary claims to FIFA can be expensive and slow, is this real justice?
- Pre-contracts : What is a pre-contract in football and when are they legally enforceable for players and clubs?
- Italy’s New Licensing System for Agents: How are agents regulated in Italy and what would it take to become one.
- Policing UK Football: Is it Proportionate? : A look at policing costs / styles, alcohol restrictions and Banning Orders.
- Emiliano Sala: An Agreement Never Rests In Peace : A look at the legal issues around Sala’s transfer to Cardiff from Nantes.
- FIFA Regulatory Changes to TPO : FIFA has changed its definition of Third Party Ownership. Why has it done so and what are the consequences for players?
- VAR, What is it good for? Absolutely nothing? : A look at VAR’s application, problems and how it could potentially be improved.
- Football and Covid-19: No play no pay : Is there a way that clubs can get out of paying their players their full salary during the coronavirus lockdown?
- Newcastle United’s Saudi Takeover: For Better or Worse? : A look at Newcastle proposed takeover, the positives and the negatives.
- How Coronaviurs Is Impacting Spanish Football : Nicolas Senderowicz analyses the impact of coronavirus on stakeholders of spanish football.
- Modification to CONMEBOL’s Disciplinary Code : CONMEBOL has got serious with a raft of new provisions and new sanctions covering discrimination and match fixing.
- Beauty and the Gambler: A Love Story Between Football and Betting : The beautiful game fell in love with a hideous beast. What it will take for everything to end up happy ever after?
- Greek Football Clubs: A Game of Hide and Seek : Gone today, here tomorrow? Greek football clubs are under financial pressure.
- FIFA’s Clearing House: Monitoring Training Compensation and Solidarity Contribution Payments : How can FIFA ensure clubs that train talent get their fair share of future value?
- The Transfer Matching System : The international football transfer market is a multi-billion-dollar industry so why does it occasionally go so spectacularly wrong?
- EA Sports v Image Rights in Brazil : Why can’t I play with Brazil in FIFA 2020? : A look at image rights in Brazil.
- Administration and the Football League : Exploring the concept of administration, what the procedures are and what they mean for a football club.
- A Messi Transfer Saga: From a Financial and Legal Perspective : A look at Messi’s proposed transfer at the end of the 2020/21 season.
- The Premier League’s Handball Rule : Analysis of the controversial changes to the accidental handball rule this year.
- The FA Cup and Covid : The majority of football clubs are currently in desperate financial need. How are the FA’s rules about attendance at FA Cup matches meant to help?
- The Merits of the 50+1 Rule in the Bundesliga : While the 50+1 Rule limits the Bundesliga teams’ financial capabilities, it ensures the mantra: “Football first, business second”.